Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

As of today...

Well I’ve got all my medical supplies ordered and they are all now at my house. My purple stethoscope doesn’t work very well so I am very disappointed and have to use my mom’s red one instead. But it’s better than nothing! All’s I have left to do is a little shopping and packing. My room is slowly being converted into my mom’s office. I’m sleeping on a futon next to her desk. My bookcase is devoid of Ted Dekker and Robin McKinley. Instead it is filled with paperwork and housing stuff. I’m living out of a cardboard box, until I get out a suitcase to put my clothes in. Everything has been sold or packed away. 
My hours at work got cut, but I’ve picked up a side job or two so I’m still making a little money. Not as much as I would like, but every little bit helps. I’m trying to use my extra time to write book reports. I’ve never really liked writing book reports so it’s been a struggle. I can read the book in half a day and have absorbed most of the information in it, but if you ask me to write a paper on it... It’s like pulling teeth. However, I am getting them done. I’ll have eight done by the time I leave. 
It’s just under a month before I leave. My church is having a commissioning service for me on the 25th, and the youth are throwing me a going away barbecue on the 30th. That’s probably the last time I’ll get to see them before I leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment